Effective Date: May 25, 2018
“Personal Information” is information that relates to you and can be used to identify you as an individual. Personal Information does not include information or data that has been aggregated or made anonymous such that you can no longer be personally identified using any means reasonably available to us.
Please read this Policy in its entirety. It will help you make informed decisions about your relationship with us.
2. Information We Collect
We collect different types of Personal Information in different ways depending on how you interact with our websites and services.
We may collect information in the following ways:
- you may provide information directly to us via our websites, such as when you sign up for our newsletter or purchase a product from us;
- we may collect information about you from Google Analytics. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit the Google data privacy information page at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You may opt-out of Google Analytics at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout; and
- we may collect information about you from other sources such as third party payment processors when you purchase a product from us.
We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information: This may include your full name, pseudonym, mailing or shipping address, phone number and email address;
- Verification Information: This may include your date of birth;
- Payment Information: This may include your credit or debit card details, bank account information, and payment or other information required when you make a purchase. We do not store any credit card numbers or banking information or process any payments ourselves;
- Analytics Information: This may include your IP address, information about the devices that you use to access our websites and their locations, and information about your use of our websites and services.
We may also collect and/or generate anonymized and aggregated information from your use of our websites and services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information.
3. Use of Personal Information
How we use your Personal Information depends on how you interact with our websites and services. In general, we may use your Personal Information to:
- operate, maintain and improve our websites and provide requested products services, including to process requested transactions;
- respond to comments and questions, verify permissions and provide customer service;
- send information including product purchase confirmations, security alerts and administrative messages;
- communicate about industry news, upcoming events, new products and services, special offers and promotions (you may unsubscribe to our newsletter at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of each email);
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
- comply with our legal obligations.
4. Sharing of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to our employees and third party service providers in order to operate, maintain and improve our websites and services and to process your requested transactions.
We partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze and/or use some of the Personal Information described in this Policy. For example:
- Third-parties that provide email functionality for users and customers who opt-in to our newsletter;
- Third-parties that provide customer relations and support software and services for our websites;
- Third-parties that provide payment processing services for purchase transactions through our websites;
- Third-parties bookkeeping and accounting services for our Company; and
- Third-parties that provide automation software to transport information between our websites and platforms.
We may also disclose your Personal Information if necessary to detect, limit or prevent fraud or security issues, to protect our rights, property and safety or those of our employees or partners, or if required by applicable law or to respond to legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity or law enforcement.
In the event that we purchase, sell, transfer or acquire all or a substantial portion of a business or its assets, such as in connection with a merger, acquisition or in the event of a bankruptcy reorganization or liquidation, then we may also disclose or share your Personal Information in connection with such transaction. Any recipient of information in connection with any such transaction will be required to comply with reasonable confidentiality restrictions with respect to your Personal Information.
We will not rent, sell or otherwise share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing or advertising purposes.
We may disclose or use aggregated or anonymized data for analytics or research purposes.
5. Rights in Your Information: Access, Rectification, Erasure and Restriction
We value your rights to your Personal Information. In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to (i) request confirmation of whether we store, use or share any of your Personal Information; (ii) obtain access to or a copy of your Personal Information; (iii) receive an electronic copy of the Personal Information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company; (iv) restrict our uses of your Personal Information or object to those uses; (v) seek correction of inaccurate, untrue or incomplete Personal Information; or (vi) request erasure of Personal Information held about you by the Company, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by applicable law. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will process such requests in accordance with applicable local laws.
As mentioned above, we provide a means to unsubscribe to our newsletter in our email communications. You also have the right to opt-out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information as set out in this Policy.
Please note that we may still need to send you certain communications regarding the operation and administration of our websites and services, and you will not be able to opt out of those communications, for example communications regarding updates to this Policy and any data security breaches.
If you no longer desire to be contacted by us for any reason, you must terminate your relationship with the Company by emailing us at email@example.com and in which case, you may no longer access our websites or use our services.
6. Storage, Retention and International Transfers
The Company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, in the United States. The Personal Information we collect from you will be stored and processed in the United States. It may be transferred to and/or stored in other countries where our service providers maintain facilities as well. In accordance with applicable law, we implement measures, such as standard data protection clauses to ensure that any transferred Personal Information remains protected and secure in accordance with this Policy. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that we will not transfer your Personal Information across international borders except in accordance with applicable law.
Subject to applicable law, we will retain your Personal Information indefinitely.
7. Information SecurityThe security of all Personal Information provided to the Company is important to us. We take reasonable steps designed to ensure appropriate technical and/or organizational measures are used to protect your Personal Information, including against unauthorized or unlawful access and accidental loss, destruction or damage. We employ secure socket layer technology (SSL) encryption in connection with all our websites and access to any Personal Information on our servers requires 2-factor authentication. Any sensitive Personal Information is stored on secured servers or offline. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to the Company, and you do so at your own risk.
8. Compromise of Personal Information
In the event that your Personal Information is compromised as a breach of our security, the Company will promptly notify you in compliance with all applicable laws. Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing such notifications to you.
9. Automated Processing
We do not currently use your Personal Information in such a way that any automated decisions are made about you without any human input.
10. Children’s Privacy
Generally, our websites and services are not directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16. Persons between 16 and 18 years of age should ask their parents for permission before using the Internet or sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without parental consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 16 years old has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
11. Links to Third-Party Websites
We may display links to third party websites, including social media sites that we do not own or operate. We provide links to these third-party sites as a convenience to you. They are not intended as an endorsement of or referral to the linked sites or services. The linked sites services are subject to their separate and independent privacy statements, notices, and terms. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties’ privacy practices and content. Please read their privacy policies carefully to find out how they collect and process your Personal Information prior to submitting any Personal Information via those third-party websites. The collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information will be subject to the privacy policies of the third party and not this Policy. We are not responsible for the data collection, privacy, and information sharing policies and procedures or content of such third-party websites.
12. Changes to this Policy
All changes to this Policy are effective when they are posted on this webpage. Your continued relationship with us after the posting of any amended version of this Policy shall constitute your agreement to be bound by any such changes.
If we change this Policy in a material manner, we will let you know via email and/or by posting a prominent notice on our websites prior to the change becoming effective and by updating the “Effective Date” at the top of this page.
We encourage you to review this Policy periodically to remain informed of how we use and protect your Personal Information, and to be aware of any Policy changes.
13. Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Policy, please contact us at:
Materia Collective, LLC
815 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
We will address your concerns and attempt to resolve any privacy issues in a timely manner and in accordance with all applicable laws.